PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 28th Oct 2009, 21:23
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airborne Aircrew and anyone else worried about hats!

Worried about hats? You'll no doubt be thinking a return to wearing suits in the mess after 6pm on mondays tuesdays and thursdays is overdue?
Ok kids...

There are those here that know me. They are acutely aware of my extreme distaste for many of the stupid "niceties" thrust upon me by intellectual midgets. However, there are moments in history when it's handy that everything is done "perfectly". I would suggest that an attempt at damage control by a man in charge of an airfield the first impression of which is that of a dump, (and I don't just take Jacko's word for this - it was the same last July when I drove by it to, (proudly ), show my wife where my ex-squadron now lives - my family lives just up the street in Abingdon), might have tried to do it "by the book".

Not having been trained as a "Media Aware Steely Eyed Killer" I was unaware of the "dishonest and evasive" way you officers manage to look in... errr... Daylight...

Were the good gentleman, (and, apparently, specifically trained in "meeja management), he might have had the wherewithal to arrive properly dressed, introduced himself as Benson's "great leader" and then, to appear more approachable, honest and straightforward casually removed said headgear to have a nice comfy chat with the punters. Two birds, one stone so to speak... Would that have been so difficult? I think not.

Your sniping only demonstrates your shortcomings...