PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 28th Oct 2009, 18:00
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
pulse1:
However, do you not feel that his demand for "(e) stronger links with the CAA and HSE, including non-executives from such organisations sitting on an MAA board with an express responsibility to watch for, and report annually, on the MAA’s independence from financial, political and operational pressures." meets your concerns very well?
In a word, pulse, no! I'm sorry to have to sound so churlish but the key word is Independent. To call it that and then confirm it is to be part of the MOD still is a nonsense, no matter what the justifications. This will still be Self Regulation and I'm sure you know my attitude to that well enough by now. The MOD has shown it is not to be trusted with Airworthiness, but now we see it still will be. Painting new titles on the doors and bringing in non execs from outside doesn't change that. They will simply be the fall guys next time there is a rumpus. The MOD philosophy seems to me to be Flight Safety costs money and is for wimps. Of course no-one will spell it out quite like that and will make sure to mouth the sort of platitudes we heard today from good ole Bob, but this won't change that nor the contempt for those in the "Airworthiness Empire". You know people like Boscombe Down. We are I'm afraid so near and yet so far. By the time that the MOD has "modded" this Review I'm afraid we'll be even further. Sad