PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2002, 14:45
sunnysideup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW.

You certainly do have a way with words!! If you're gonna provoke debate like that you will upset a few people at the same time, especially the "Coniving idiot" who gave you your instructors job (and has to run one of the most difficult types of business there is to be in) but that debate should be perhaps for another thread in another forum.

Personally, I'm all for it. With the recent notice to stop the liablous attacks naming individuals and companies, good debating is back in vogue and long may it continue. I'm starting to enjoy pprune again.

I always had instructors with loud mouths and shiny shoes, who call a spade a shovel and don't mince words. I think I'm a better pilot now for it.

So as far as the student goes, at any level, a reality check if painful to take is still a useful thing to get.

I don't think a debrief after an awful flight is the place for customer spin and you're attitude in that respect is IMHO quite right. All I'm saying is that I did detect a little "holyer than thou" from you which borders on the same kind of "I want an airline job and you damn well better help me for nothing" approach that you have been firing at.

I hope that your last post shows people that you're use of the written language isn't a true reflection of your attitute to those who pay you and those you teach. As long as we all understand that, especially the instigator of this thread, then lets keep it going.

Perhaps the new boy was just trying to get you to bite or perhaps thats a genuine attitude. Either way, I hope he doesn't disappear from these pages and that he gives as good as he gets.

I'll follow this one with interest...................