PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 28th Oct 2009, 14:30
Roger Sofarover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VSF

No, it wasn't on his watch.

Airborne Aircrew

You have lost it mate, and so has everybody else bleeting on about the 'Hat'. For Gods sake get things in perspective. I bet you didn't listen to a word he said but were just bitching and moaning about him standing there without his hat on. There have been numerous statements on the news recently by many of the boys in Green, from Major to General, and none of them were wearing their hat.

As for questioning Gp Capt Burr's Leadership and professionalism over him not wearing his hat, all I can say is you are so far off the plot, and frankly have made me frigging livid! I have known this guy for nearly 20 years, both as a fellow pilot and friend. He did more as a Junior Officer in terms of 'jobs done' than most pilots or you would see in a lifetime. His men like him, he leads by example and I doubt anybody of any worth gives a toss whether he was wearing a hat or not. Now how about you get back to the point of the thread!
Rant Off!
Jacko
As you said, they are 'public verges', get round the back of Odiham to the public verges, the litter is there.