PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air preparing to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2002, 13:29
Avius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ironbutt57,

what do you mean, by "remember those guys who made it all possible" ?? I remember, that in 1998 Cargolux Pilots did NOT go to the barricades, when Atlas Air (Mainline) was contracted with their first 747-400F (and more followed) to fly Cargolux Routes, blocking potential job-growth at Cargolux while helping to kickstart Atlas' major business in the years to come, especially between US and Europe. At that time, no Atlas Air Mainline Pilot was concerned about taking jobs away from European Pilots, were they?

One should keep things in perspective. Then, it was a business-decision by the European Carrier Cargolux, to flag out some European jobs to the US. Today, it is yet another business decision, this time by Atlas' management to flag out some jobs back to European bases. That is, what business is about. And for us pilots it means "you get a little, you give a little".

Make no mistake, I feel for the Atlas Mainline Pilots and I got to know quite a few of them over the years. Most of them are hard working and pleasant people and they deserve their share, but there are also others who are doing a great job elsewhere.

Cheers

Last edited by Avius; 15th Jun 2002 at 16:33.