PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330 "Crash Revelations" tonight
Old 28th Oct 2009, 08:10
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyboy, all the tunnel vision, aggressive A330 detractors keep coming out with tenuous "evidence"!!

Dual engine failure.....remember the "challenges" a few triple crews faced when that happened to them. One in particular at Heathrow?!?!?!

Have a look at the number of 73's that have gone down over the years. Remember the "challenges" brought about by uncommanded rudder hard overs!!! (I know that per million flight hours the A330 has a higher accident rate but the 73 has been flying longer and with statistics you can prove anything!!)

Mate, look at any aircraft and it has/had problems. The A330 is not unique in that regard.

I think if anyone here has tunnel vision its you. Desperate to get the facts to fit your mental model that the A330 is a death trap. Others might disagree. Like pilots, airlines, regulators, aircraft manufacturers, travelling public etc etc.

If you want to you could build an argument for most aircraft having "challenges" and being troubled.

I don't fly the 330 so slag it off for all I care. Just don't claim to do it from an "enlightened" point of view please. This is how the press start stupid stories................