PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Better job after being made redundant?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2009, 06:18
BadAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am another of the fortunate ones on here that can say, yes, I did land another, better job after furlough. My background, I went from the LHS of a Classic to the LHS of a 757 at a start-up. The start-up didn't work out (I bailed when they parked the first plane, and since they're completely gone now...). Went to a US Major -- thought I had it made. 13 months later got furloughed (thanks age 65.... grrrrrr.....). But, I was lucky (or blessed if you prefer), 2 days later, I started as a sim instructor for one of the manufacturers (got typed, got TRI letter, taught 2 classes). But then, they decided there was not enough work, so they did not need us anymore. (I'm a lucky one, as a part-time instructor now, I just stay current and don't work/ don't get paid. The full-time guys got fired -- no currency, no recall rights...). But, having been forewarned about the coming downsizing (by one of the best chiefs I have worked for...) I applied everywhere. Now I'm back in training to be in the LHS of an A-320 at a Middle Eastern carrier. And, so far (it's only been a little over a month), this is the best job I've had (they pay on-time, they treat us well, etc...). So, I'm definitely better off. So, yes, there is hope out there...