PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another iTunes Problem - opens and locks
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2009, 05:26
david1300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another iTunes Problem - opens and locks

I have searched this forum, but not found something that helps, so a humble request for assistance, please.

I am running Windows XP Pro (office PC) and I use Office Outlook Calerday for my diary. I synchronise this with my iPhone - well, I used to, and try to, but get very close to hurling the whole lot out the window/s.

Problem is this: When I connect iPhone dialogue box opens saying 'Apple iPhone' Camera Connected, Select Program to Launch this action (as an aside, I would love to disable this - I don't want this stoopid msg all the time). I click cancel, and wait for iTunes to recognise my iPhone (which it once did). Nothing happens, so I open iTunes from my desktop, and it promptly freezes, and shows in Task Manager as not responding.

If I close everything (a real pain) and reinstall iTunes it recognises the iPhone once only, then does it's 'I won't play and I'm going to freeze' routine.

If the iPhone wasn't a gift from my wife I would throw it on the floor and stamp it into it's component pieces, then reach into the belly of my computer and haul iTunes out electron by painful electron. If it sound like I'm p*ssed off, that's correct. If it sound like I hate iTunes with a passion, it's true.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.