PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'll never fly a LCC because...
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:25
dodgybrothers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the posts here centre around the fact the the F/As could have continued with reduced crew and that was the norm if someone went sick enroute and had to be offloaded. But now LCCs have taken that option away by crewing the aircraft with minimum compliment. So if one has to be offloaded for whatever reason, then the show is all over.

I for one don't believe that it is a flighty's problem if he/she is crook and can't go on, but to blame them for the flight cancellation is abhorrent. The brain surgeons that make decisions to go with absolute min crew do so with the full knowledge of risk analysis saying that at some stage they may have to cancel a flight due to crew shortage and are happy to run with that risk.

So no blame can be apportioned to the flight attendants.

The one star line only last week diverted a 330 to darwin so a 321 could operate due to lack of crew and the same said line ferried an aircraft back from dps empty due to crew illness, so if thats the risk the run then they must cop the brunt of the blame.

As has also been mentioned many times before, as a passenger if you buy a ticket on one of these LCCs, then you also run the risk of being stranded especially now they are operating internationally. So for the sake of a few extra bucks I think I'd go with the full service, if you have the option of course!

Last edited by dodgybrothers; 28th Oct 2009 at 05:36.