PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'll never fly a LCC because...
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2009, 01:04
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, once again, compared to which airline.
Compared to other jobs in general. Being a flight attendent isn't highly skilled or requires years of training and certainly didn't justify the pay scales of years ago. Airlines world wide are finding they can't justify the previous extravagent packages given to cabin crew.

There is a BBC program available on YouTube about the downfall of British Leyland. Worth watching, and one done in a similar manner on Ansetts downfall would be particularly interesting.

Who would like to be admitted to hospital and have the nurses behaving like unionised cabin crew ?

"I'm not dealing with that patient, he's bleeding everywhere. I'm off shift in ten minutes some one else can deal with him. It's the juniors job to fetch the doctor, he'll have to wait untill she gets back. I don't care it's not in my job description. We're supposed to have four nurses for this and I don't care if three can safely do the job, he'll have to have his operation another day. I'm not changing my meal break just because someones been run over. Why shouldn't a senior nurse be paid more than a junior doctor ?"