PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB investigating possible nodding off of Northwest pilots
Old 28th Oct 2009, 00:22
Springer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"At one time in my career, I expected a very high level of professionalism in the cockpit. Now, having flown many years. I am surprised when I get a high level of dedication."

I couldn't agree more. As a co pilot, I did my best not deviate from the SOP's. After I became a captain, it was the exception rather than the rule for my partner to display the same dedication and shocking when they would do something that I would not even consider without asking the captain. The majority were just lazy not following SOP's; ie, failure of the PNF to fill out required enroute fuel burn, failure to make required company position reports, pireps, monitor the radar, etc.

It was night and day difference how easy my job was when I would fly with someone that actually would do his job exactly as prescribed by the SOP's. Not sure how this casual attitude developed unless they were influenced by equally lazy captains.