PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the most used parachute drop aircraft in Australia?
Old 27th Oct 2009, 23:30
I wish

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From http://www.apf.asn.au/documents/pdf/..._Manual_05.pdf

The Op regs are being rewritten but not this part I think.

3.7. PILOT QUALIFICATIONS
3.7..1 An APF member must not make a parachute descent unless the descent is conducted from
an aircraft in which the pilot in command:
(a) is the holder of at least a private pilot licence, valid for that type of aircraft, which is
not endorsed with any condition limiting him or her to flying within a specified
distance from an aerodrome; and
(b) if the pilot in command is the holder of a parachutist certificate “D” or higher — he or
she has not less than 120 hours total aeronautical experience, of which not less than 70
hours must be as pilot in command; and
(c) if the pilot in command is not the holder of a parachutist certificate “D” or higher — he
or she has not less than 200 hours total aeronautical experience, of which not less than
100 hours must be as pilot in command or is the holder of at least a commercial pilot
licence valid for that type of aircraft; and

(d) has not less than 10 hours aeronautical experience as pilot in command of the aircraft
type from which the descent is made. For high-wing Cessna aeroplanes, time accrued
on the more complex types may be credited for the less complex types in accordance
with Appendix 3
(of this manual); and
(e) if the descent is made from a balloon — is the holder of at least a commercial pilot
(balloon) licence or a Private Pilot (Balloon) Certificate issued by the Australian
Ballooning Federation, and has not less than 75 hours aeronautical experience as pilot
in command of balloons.