PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 27th Oct 2009, 21:32
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
I expect the MOD reponse to this incident, as with the Haddon Cave report that is about to be issued, is that changes have already been made, lessons learned, etc.

Indeed, I may be doing various people a disservice, and it may well true, but repeating this manta constantly seems to be wearing a bit thin. It has the outward appearance at least of being mouth music.

Another point is stove piping. If there was a problem with management of the Puma force (and I don't know if there was) have all the RAF fleets been re-examined for problems in this area, or just the SH force? In the same way, if engineering practices on Nimrods have been changed in light of the loss of 230 and the ageing aircraft tear down survey, have any general lessons been read across to all RAF engineering, back into the training system, etc?

Perhaps this has happened, I'm not trying to point a finger, just asking a question? Are problems being dealt with in isolation, or at least considered for their possible impact across the board?