PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2002, 09:20
sunnysideup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can just imagine WWW hitting the keys rather hard and muttering under his breath whilst the blood pressure rises.

Most of the comments rang of a very good, experienced instructor who can offer that little bit more to the "I've got £50,000 and I damn well expect an airline job before my b@!!ocks drop" brigade.

All would be professionals come out of some form of higher education having been told that they are the elite and with a "people should give me what I want or I'll scream and scream until I'm sick" attitude. God knows I've seen enough of these bum fluff types thinking the world owes them something.

However.............

At the risk of moving away from the original purpose of this thread (and putting a huge target on my chest for WWW to aim nuclear arsenal at), I've just one doubt.

"You're not a Customer, you're my student and I'm your in instructor" or words to that effect.

I seem to be constantly coming across instructor attitudes that they are just in a school to instruct and getting new students or retaining existing ones is someone elses problem. Even those that seem to get involved in other aspects of an FTO's business, bringing great experience and new perspectives to it, revert to type if times are bad.

I'm sure WWW banged out the quote in a fit of rage (understandable really) so I don't want to be seen as having a real go at you.

Just wondering, as there are a lot of Instructors looking at this thread, how you all feel about the fact that in a declining market and a low profit business, together with a lack of instructor jobs, how you all feel about the importance of treating the customer as King (even the ars@@oles like Mr Underpants) and helping out within your FTO to make it a better, busier, and more profitable for all place to be. Maybe, instructors could then get paid what they deserve and not the peanuts that the market dictates.