PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash at Sharjah airport
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2009, 12:27
CaptainChaotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd advise caution in trying to "see" too much detail in that video - high image compression can lead to artifacts that distort things. I.E. I can't see much wrong with the tail outlines at the gross level of detail available.
Yes, I myself enhanced the video(25 years in computer graphics), I didn't just zoom in, If you zoom in yourself with the original, you will see you get left with large blocks of pixels. I sampled a number of frames and worked out what produced the best results, then applied to the whole video. I could have done a lot better but each frame would have taken a few minutes, which would have been over 24 hours for the entire video. I understand how artefacts can be produced when working with compressed images, and in this case there are none that are misleading. I know because I did the math to enhance the image in the first place. I came to the conclusion the tail of the aircraft is damaged after checking a number of frames with the aircraft at different angles, in each case the stabiliser is missing or damaged.

If I get the time later, I will post the frames and the exact area.

Still keen to here from anyone who can tell me how many seconds after wheels up before the AC would be clear of the end of the runway.