PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 27th Oct 2009, 12:19
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Mick Strigg:
I was always taught that:

Aviation Safety = Airworthiness + Flight Safety

Hence all the comments that the aircrew's activities are not to do with Airworthiness, but more akin to Flight Safety
Having been "ex" for more years than I care to recall, I am very aware that the military lexicon has moved on and indeed at times would need Station X to decode it from my where I am. So I am also aware that when I post I am invariably using outmoded terminology. Nonetheless most PPRuNers (yourself included I hasten to add, Mick!) are courteous enough to see the point that I am trying to make rather than nitpicking the words I use. Of course there are pedants who do otherwise, invariably making cryptic remarks like "you are wrong, read JSPxyz", knowing full well that I can do no such thing, or worse still quoting Websters (Moroccan Bound?) English Dictionary, etc. To those I say this is not a game but supposedly an earnest discussion between professionals about saving lives from being needlessly wasted in avoidable accidents. Thankfully many seem to realise now that the Emperor is likely to catch a severe chill soon if he doesn't do something about it and quick!