PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2002, 05:04
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 212 Likes on 78 Posts
Mister Geezer - are you sure? I spent 5 years in the Air Cadets and was Sqn Drill Instructor during that time... what I don't know about bulling a pair of shoes ain't worth knowing...

Cricketer. Called it how I saw it.

Persoanally I don't think this forums prime purpose is to provide morale support for Wannabes. Its a role but not a primary one. If this thread influences for the better the next Wannabe to sign up to a CPL course then that is A Good Thing.

I cannot stand people moaning about how flying schools don't help them post graduation. It really gets my goat.

Before you sign up you trek around each college and compare prices and query every pound which you grudgingly hand over. You signed a training contract that did not contain any promised of career support post graduation. Then when you don't get what you haven't paid for you bitch about it!

You can have all the support you like IF you are willing to pay for it. Monthly updates on recruiting rumours. Updated lists of recruitment names and addresses. A career counsellor on the other end of the telephone to whom you can address questions. All this can be yours. For a couple of grand on top of the course price. But then of course you would have chosen the school down the road that was a couple of grand cheaper. You can't have it both ways.

Just joing Balpa for £26 and the IPA for something like £40 plus subscribe to Co-Pilot for about £80 and you have a complete comprehensive post graduate support service. Oh and of course - PPRuNe.

I don't mind criticism of schools. I welcome it. Lets hear about woeful accomodation, overcrowded classrooms, lack of aircraft availability. Crying Boo Hoo the instructors were arrogant and nobody was nice to me just does not cut the mustard. It reflects more poorly on the poster than the school in fact.