PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB investigating possible nodding off of Northwest pilots
Old 27th Oct 2009, 07:13
GreenEyedTraveler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I don't disagree with you, have you every flown a red-eye?? Believe me, they ain't fun. Reading, CD players, Ipods, lots of coffee and now computers have been ways to deal with them.
Excusing away ... the hallmark of U.S. society nowadays.

I wonder how many military personnel would be told by their leaders that they need to find "ways to deal with" the boredom and lack of "fun" that comes with being vigilantly on-guard in-theatre. I wonder how my father, a Korean War veteran, dealt with the "boredom and lack of 'fun'?" My dad's a member of the Greatest Generation, and the person who raised me in the aviation industry. Pardon me if I get emotional about this subject.

We're a nation that anymore exhibits a disturbing compulsion to be constantly "entertained" in some fashion or another, due to our lack of ability to stay focused and attentive. It scares me. No wonder why the U.S. hasn't "won" a war anywhere in 50+ years. I guess it's just not "fun". Did you hear that, Dumbo/5-military-deferment D!ckhead/and now Osama?

We're soft. AND THEY KNOW IT.