PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2009, 00:35
benharris10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oneflewnorth

Thanks again,

From what I've read you've done the YOU session etc. Your best bet is to call your recruiter who spoke to you about your YOU results. They actually know or can find out information for you.
Yep, done the YOU and the additional Spec testing. From what I've been told by DFR the application stays on hold until I complete the educational requirements.

This is the course I was looking at -

Transition Mathematics 2(TM2) - Mathematics Learning Centre

From the CQU Website -

Transition Mathematics 2(TM2)

This course continues on from TM1 but is complete in itself as a preparatory course for a study of first year tertiary mathematics, in business, applied science and engineering. Topics covered in TM2 include an introduction to functions, trigonometry, vectors, inequalities, analytic geometry, sequences and series, matrix algebra and an introduction to calculus. The emphasis is on graphical representation and interpretation and application of the content to problem solving and mathematical modelling.

Its a little cheaper than the Dr Holding course (Approximately $400, going up to $580 in the new year), and is Qantas approved. Not sure about Defense approved though. I spoke to the facillitator a couple of weeks ago and he said that people have used it to meet entry into the RAAF.

Alternatively, Unilearn (UNILearn - Learning programs at a time and place suitable to you) has a maths and a physics course also. Once again, unsure if they are approved by DFR.

QTAC - Preparatory Courses

Is a good website for anyone in Queensland, as it lists a-lot of preparatory and bridging courses.