PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2009, 00:10
oneflewnorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benharris10

I posted that info yesterday morning and for some reason it didn't show up until today. My posts seem to do that

From what I've read you've done the YOU session etc. Your best bet is to call your recruiter who spoke to you about your YOU results. They actually know or can find out information for you. The people on 131901 generally can't give you any more info than you can find on the website. I couldn't even get them to tell me about corrective eye surgery, so talk to your recruiter. If you don't have one, you can call your DFR office and request to speak to someone that can help.

I never got anything in writing, my recruiter actually recommended the course to me. I just made sure it was 2-unit equivalent by speaking to people at TAFE and then confirmed it with my recruiter. The thing about that TAFE course is that it's actually a course for people wanting to go into further study i.e. Uni, who didn't gain the requirements or didn't finish year 12. As I said, I didn't finish it as I went off to uni so I'm in the same boat as you at the moment and either need to do the same course again (or the new one they bring in if they do) OR I need to find something similar that's approved. Planning on finding out about the Aero Physics course today.

Your other option is to enrol in a uni subject. You can actually enrol in a single subject and because it's at uni level, it generally counts, however as always, get the go ahead from recruiting before you invest time and money.

Hope the info helps, I'll post my progress for you and others.