PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 18:12
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noyade, Ref your post #3872; no worries mate, no offence taken!

sablatnic, "Didn't last long!" I just struck lucky with the wording on a quick "lunchtime" search, guessing that it was post WW1, adding the (lucky) word "sport" because there was no sign of any armament, to the obvious monoplane and two seater, and my favourite search engine took me straight to the "Flight Archive" and what appears to have been the basis for your challenge. I initially removed the word Sporting because that didn't appear in the drawing's Title Block, but then after reading your follow up about being away for a while, I added it back in and added the engine details to avoid confusion with an identically named drawing for a Udet two seat monoplane in the same archive for 1923, this shows a significantly different shape and a more powerful Siemens radial engined.

I didn't have this luck with RR's previous couple of long duration challenges, and believe me, it wasn't for lack of trying!! Maybe it's just me, but I find that internal searches in the Flight archive don't respond to attempts to filter the results, I guess due to their being in PDF format.

It will be some time before I have home access and feel able to give sufficient attention to monitor my own challenge, so if all you guys keep up the good work, I'll just monitor during breaks and after work and take the odd "pot shot" when I get lucky!