PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 17:51
basilsauce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, and my stage 1 experience

First of all - thanks to paperclip810 and student88 for answering my query about negative marking, and sorry for late reply but my computer wouldn't let me log in over the weekend!

Had my stage 1 this afternoon, and just thought it might be useful to do an update on what the most current format is, as I couldn't find anything on here that reflects what happens now, apologies if someone else has posted this already!

We had 4 tests, all multiple choice, in the following order - motivational paper (20 q's in 15 mins), cubes (40 in 20 mins), diagramming (50 in 20 mins) and then finally S/D/T (20 in 15 mins), and that was it, over and done with! No idea how I did, definitely found the cubes the hardest, only managed 27 of them, and doubt they are all correct, I felt the other tests went ok, but I guess you never really know do you?

This thread has been a great help in many ways, but for anyone new to the site, I would just say don't get too intimidated by it - I was incredibly nervous this morning, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, as everyone else has said, read the document thoroughly, and practise S/D/T questions. With the diagramming questions, don't waste time learning the specific commands that are on the test questions on NATS website - the commands in the actual test paper are different symbols, so learning the test ones won't help.

Good luck to everyone on here, whatever stage you're at, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will make it to stage 2 - watch this space...!