PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VEMD/FLI an idiots "substitute Pilot's" guide for the AS350B3
Old 26th Oct 2009, 16:01
Glassjar 1 Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windowseatplease: Yes, I am referring to the PDF and MD, sorry.
WSP and 212 thank you for the replies. WSP no problem, I should have made my question clearer. I also fly glass cockpit, so PFD, etc are familiar.
I fully agree that it would be nice for manufacturers to provide DVD course material to demonstrate their equipment use.

In simple terms, what I am looking for is an example of a type transition brief, to demonstrate the differences in presentation between the normal style of instrumentation, ie dials and the way the VEMD/FLI presents the same information to the pilot. As I mentioned the Eurocopter manuals to me, concentrate on the functions of the systems, rather than the day to day use in by the pilot.

I know how it works and I can write up something myself but I thought I would pick pruner's brains to see if anyone already has a way to introduce it to a new pilot in a practical and simplified method before diving into the manual.

I did the factory course in Marseille which was excellent but the VEMD section I felt was not explained as clearly as it could have been.

GJ1-0