PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amateur Pilot Ability, High Speed - Low Altitude
Old 26th Oct 2009, 14:44
Cessna_Only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SN3Guppy thanks for taking the time to provide a thoughtful response. It is greatly appreciated.

Unlike what others suggested, I am just asking a question--my mind is not made up one way or another. In fact, if you read my initial question, I state at the end that I'm skeptical of people who question the government story because pilots would be among the first to know if the story was bogus.

For years I was unaware that there were even "conspiracies" about 9/11, I was going about my own business raising my kids. I only recently began to investigate myself in an effort to debunk them. One group, calling themselves "Architects And Engineers for 9/11 Truth" has a NASA flight researcher (name is Dwain Deets, very high rank at NASA for 37 years you can look up what he is saying).

When I flew with my dad, he would bring the speed way down in order to land. If 9/11 plane crashes occurred at slow (landing) speed, it would seem to be a basic job to hit the tall buildings. The question in my mind has to do with the speed at impact, and the difficulty at that speed.

Regarding what other poster called "myth" here is the video I referred to

YouTube - Pilots Discuss Difficulty of WTC Attacks

The pilots identified themselves (you can see their names in the description) and I looked up their credentials. The person is indeed an experienced commercial pilot, and trains others on a flight simulator. Quite a few commercial pilots are discussing this topic on another website, but they are all stating that the government story is bogus, that's why I came here for a different perspective.

I posted this question on another forum and it was immediately removed. This is a frightening topic. I appreciate that it at least can be discussed on this forum, among adults.