PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 14:10
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 164 Likes on 63 Posts
If the Ryanair deal wasn't £33k and if it led to a full time contract I'd be heartily instead of resignedly recommending people apply for it.

But that is a massive, ten storey, backlit, neon edged IF.

If I put my MOL hat on for a moment my plan would be this.

* Lets start selling a SSTR/line flying product, lets say charge twice the normal cost to allow for a suitable margin.

* If they have a pulse, a license, a cheque for £33k and can pass a basic sim assessment - that'll do.

* We need some fresh blood to occupy the RHS anyway as we're expanding. If we stop then these people can be just switched off as they're just Brookfield contractors.

* If the SSTR/line flying product proves really popular and really profitable then we'll take shedloads and just shove people onto Brookfield contracts and give them such little work they either starve or leave to pack boxes in a factory, or jump off a bridge, or whatever.

So you can see the risk either too many people willing to hand over £33k, or, a slowdown, halt or retraction in the size of the fleet and you've paid your money in order to be a Brooky being offered 2 sectors a month.

That would hurt.