PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amateur Pilot Ability, High Speed - Low Altitude
Old 26th Oct 2009, 04:43
Cessna_Only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amateur Pilot Ability, High Speed - Low Altitude

Hi. I am very sorry if this is an inappropriate forum to ask this question, which has been puzzling me greatly.

I grew up around airplanes, as my father was an avid pilot. He often took us kids down to the local airport where we'd do "touch and go's" in his Cessna, fly down to see my grandparents, and wash the plane. My dad was president of a local flying club, and I knew all kinds of pilots growing up. There was a time, in my early 20s, when I wanted to learn how to fly the plane. I took a few lessons from my dad. I found flying to be nerve-wracking. Keeping the nose up, and dealing with the tail, and getting the plane to go where you want it to go, it seemed like something that would take tons of practice. I gave up the desire to fly, and just now in my 40s I am starting to explore lessons again.

Like everyone else I know, when 9/11 came along I believed the govt story 100%. But I always had some trouble understanding the flight of these amateurs.

I would like to kindly ask your feedback. Pilots are an elite part of society, in terms of education and physical fitness and overall stature. Pilots are serious people. You can be an idiot and succeed in a lot of things, but you won't become a pilot if you're an idiot.

Based on my (limited) experience, it would be extremely difficult for an experienced pilot to fly directly into a 215' wide skyscraper in New York at 400-500 MPH. I understand that the govt story claims that beginner pilots, with limited training in a flight school, flew directly into their target in a huge Boeing. It doesn't seem possible. They could hijack a plane and fly it into a general area and crash it, sure, but to strike bullseye two times in a row, how likely is that? I just want to know if any airline pilots here can comment on how difficult it would be for two beginners to strike so perfectly at high speed, so at low altitude.

Doing some research online, I discovered that an experienced pilot setup the scenario on a flight simulator. He and fellow pilots were unable to hit the target.

As I know pilots are serious and intelligent people, I feel that if the govt story is indeed bogus, the first people who would call it bogus are pilots. Since pilots seem silent that helps to support the govt story. Also, is it possible that 9/11 occurred using some type of homing beacon/remote control rather than inexperienced pilots?

Thank you for any comments.