PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 26th Oct 2009, 01:18
Cunarsil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asking for training school advice

Hello everybody! sorry for the change of topic.

I am a spanish citizen who want to get a helicopter certificate (CPL) in New Zealand (currently searching a reliable school in NZ or even in Australia, because I always wanted to go to those wonderful lands). I haven´t any flight experience in flight (far away than as a passenger ;-)

First of all, thanks Helipro for this great thread. And I have done my “homework”: I have read the whole thread to find some answers.

But I´m asking now for some last help: need to know if my conclusions are right, and also if there is some new notice needed to know about the schools.

From what I´ve read here, I could say:

- Heliflight and Helipro (and Christchurch Helicopters since belongs to the last one) are the largest schools. A lot of recommendations in the thread but also a some negative opinions
- Wanaka is also the other school very well named in the thread, and always with positive opinions.
- Bruce Harvey´s has a lot of recommendations also, but has no website and only take some students
- Ardmore Helicopters has a lot of recommendations, and the same happens to Garden City Helicopters.

I have seen their websites and get some information, but I know those are “marketing places”… Everything is nice and cool… Like happened to me in Spain: one of the school so highly recommended (and with a great website) was finally in bankrupt!!! I need some “first hand” information from you fellows because I am going to make a “big jump”: too much money, too far from my country!

Actually I am thinking to pick out between Ardmore and Garden City. Please, do anybody know something wrong with them? other general advices?
Thanks in advance
cunarsil