PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL - same instructor?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2002, 20:09
Dangle the Dunlops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL - same instructor?

I have been training and completed my PPL with an excellent instructor who has just moved from Teeside and is now working weekends at Netherthorpe at a much smaller flying school . My concern is that I want to go on to do a CPL in the near future and I would like to stay with Stuart, but unless he moves on or gets another position during the week at a CPL school, I will be forced to find another instructor. That would be a shame as I had several instructors previously (and tried at a couple of schools) and for whatever reason I finally clicked with him and he managed to put me at ease and to teach me what no-one else had managed beforehand. Should I stall the training until he sorts out his work situation, after all there don't seem to be many jobs at the moment for the likes of me, if I rush it through?

Has anyone got an opinion whether it is sensible to stay with the same instructor, or doesn't it really make any difference at the CPL level, i.e. are the instructors all of the same standard for the more advanced courses? It strikes me that for the PPL at least, there are a lot of new instructors out there with not many more hours than me, and I like the idea of sticking with an experienced chap who can teach as well as fly.

Thanks.