PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 21:05
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Dick, for the record I am not on the dole, I have been, but I am not now and haven't been for a fair while now. I don't wish it on any professinally qualified person. Thanks for your well wishing, I do appreciate it and I offer the very best to you too. I would be over joyed to captain a Ryanair aircraft, provided I don't have to pay at any point to do so and provided, unless there are no other options, they offer me a permanant contract. Why wouldn't I? They have a huge route structure, a lovely aircraft and a wide and varied work force that would be an interest every day to meet. But that doesn't detract from the extremely high risk situation people are putting themselves into to get a rolling one month contract, for hour by hour pay, no perks, no respect and all because they can't be bothered to wait and because most can get the money very easily from their dearest loved ones. Comparing the trainees from a year or two ago to people embarking on the TR now are two very different things. The two will have very different luck I believe. As I have maintained all along, the economy and the airline industry have huge amounts of inertia and I honestly believe there are a few nasty latent effects heading the way of the low houred FR brookies. No one wishes it. These 'effects' may be modest and tame at first (over a 6-12 month span) for example a basing in Serbia but it will end out with you guys and girls being offered 20 hours a month. Nothing is limitless. If they keep on going, something will give. The bigger they get, the harder they fall.