PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots allowed to carry guns.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2001, 07:03
AA SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Julian -

Getting explosives on board an a/c is very easy. Think about how dope smugglers get their dope on the commercial airlines planes from South America to the USA. But our "serious" bad boys don't care about getting the explosives back off the a/c when it lands cause they don't intend a normal landing!!

Have glanced through, not read, at most two copies of "Guns & Ammo" at the barbershop. Not my cup of tea. Am not a serious shooter, just a moderately good one. "Soldier of Fortune" is a joke!!

Now back to the first paragraph: a block of C4 type material on board is really no threat. It needs something to get it going. That something I alluded to in the earlier post. Am going to leave it at that.

I any case, my scenario doesn't need anything more than what I could bring on board on my person.

But I think this whole scenario would never actually occur because I hope the pax would rise up fast enough to stop the bad guy(s). Don't care if there were a lot more than just one baddie, lots of pax on the USA planes. More than enough to handle a small mob. UA-93 has set the tone on the responsibilities of the pax on the plane, sadly enough.

I think this thread has run its course. It is just you and me and a couple of other Yank gun nuts left.

Just give the Capt. a choice is all I ask.

dAAvid -