PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 16:10
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud1, if you had been reading the recent posts on this thread you might have recognised why I posted what I did. Bhd has various rules to abide with, or at least they are supposed to. They have a cap on movements and pax nos, I believe that I am right in saying that. So this question, why do all these people come on here asking what other routes Ezy will or might consider transferring to Bhd? Is is beyond the capability of those who post on here to reconnise that Ezy could not transfer many routes to Bhd even if they wanted to? So why all this wondering about further routes from Ezy or indeed for that matter Fr? None of this will happen without major changes in the rules that Bhd have to operate under, even then there isn't the room for all this ask for expansion. Bhd in severely limited for space on all sides, a fact and it will never be able to expand in the way that some would like for that reason alone. Yet all I ever read on here is posters looking for Bhd to become a major international airport. The airport policy in NI is a mess, split services on routes that means there is not a good service for anyone. I have ask before on the Ldy thread, but nobody answered my question, name me ONE other country in the world, with a population of 1.6m, where they have three airports all competeing and wanting to be international airports? And in what way does the transfer of the Ltn route to Bhd benefit the NI travelling public, now we have 2 flights a day, down from 4?

True Blue