PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA18 and PA38 operating data.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2002, 18:42
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
At the moment it's a bit of a jumble (read shelf-full) of handwritten notes, wordprocessed things, photocopies, etc. Myself and a friend who have a couple of hundred types between us are trying to put it all together into a standard format for our own use, and ultimately we may approach an aviation friendly publisher (we're both in the trade, so recommendations not needed). So at present, it would be difficult to make many of them publically available.

What we're doing at the moment is trying to mangle it into a standard format, which is harder work than anticipated, and tends to show up gaps (like the engine limits on a PA38 for example). The problem is that often one has access to an aircraft and it's documentation whilst doing a job on it, and afterwards not - so although they're in the logbook the Tucano, Jaguar and DC3 may just not get included sadly.

If or when we do end up with a coherent set in a standard format, it may be that we could do a deal with Danny on the subject if he'd like to make them available through Pprune as a fundraising effort. But, to be honest this is going to be at-least a year away at our current rate of progress.

Having said that, if you'd like to see what we're trying to achieve, drop me an Email and I'll send you an example, either something you probably know like a PA28 or something you are unlikely to like an Easy Raider or N3N if you're interested.

G