PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots allowed to carry guns.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2001, 06:55
AA SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu chuckles -

Supreme Court has held that a "militia" is constituted by the "citizens" of the USA. The Court has consistently held that the citizens have a right to "keep and bear arms" as the Constitution so eloquently puts it. They have NOT specified training, or trained citizens - merely "armed" citizens.

Julian - if you do know about shaped charges then you know you can "blow" either in, OR OUT. If out , then would not necessarily grossly impact cockpit crew. There is also the small matter about HOW MUCH "matter" is used. Have you ever seen det cord that was 50 mils thick diameter? I have. But even that size could be too much "matter" for the job at hand.

Interesting you talk about bulkhead walls. Think about it some more!

westman - I agree that preentive medicine is the best medicine. My point is that you can't make any guarantees about that sunject in today's world, although El Al has gone along way down that road.

While you talk about a "blast" that would seriously efffect the crew I want you to think smaller, much smaller. Say "big firecracker" size. The object is NOT to blow inward toward the cockpit, it is only to creat an opening that can be used. I think your four (4) points are well taken.
However - there ain't no way in hell you can do the "correct" job of creating an opening - and NOT blowing crap all over the cockpit at the same time - in one (1) second. Ain't possible cause you haven't left any time to get out of the way of the "big bang". Blasting is a three step process: load, arm and run like hell (avoid being the blastee).

upgrade - liked your comments!

Thanks gear-up for the support.

dAAvid -