PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots allowed to carry guns.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2001, 04:17
gear-up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi all, You can tell the British mentality in some of the posts in this thread,[ I'm British]and the silly attitude to guns.As I'm sure every one knows,we are not trusted with guns, tooooooo dangerous old boy,they can kill you know, the gov' even give our armed services a crap rifle, that falls to bits if you run with it!Lucky special forces, they can have the same type of rifle as the regular blokes, but made by someone else[Colt]and it does not fall to bits when you run with it.
I must agree strongly with the idea of a pistol on the flightdeck,cos if someone gets in,then we are probably about to get our throats cut, now that we know what the plan is.
As it is, if someone bursts onto my flightdeck,they will get the crash axe between the eyes,if we have time that is!
A handgun would be perfect,to defend the flightdeck in the last resort.The attitude that we depend on airport security is frightening,knowing what we all know!
Pilots would not need much training,the security issues could easily be overcome, with a bit of lateral thinking,and we would not need a cannon,a light 45 glasser,a standard 38 or even a 22.
It is a bit unfortunate,that most peoples perception of guns,especially the British,comes from Hollywood,it is just not like that.However, British pilots will never have guns,our attitude is,call the police on 999 and they will send a bobby round as soon as they can.And do not even think about taking the law into your own hand, that's unforgivable,and the courts will take a very dim view of that, whilst compensating the villain.And heaven help you when the plod eventually arrive, they will probably shoot the wrong person, U.K. cops and guns don't seem to mix very well.
I am a great fan of the U.S.A. but can't help being a little miffed sometimes,esp' the post a little bit back,where the poster thinks that no one ever helps the Americans, I don't think you would have got to the moon with out the Euro-know-how,and the last time I tried to get into the U.S.A. I was treated to a Rag-head giving my family and I the good ol' US welcome,while every other desk was letting even more Rag-heads through, with hardly a glance at there fake passports! Peace be apon them.And as for immigration,we are simply not wanted.When you look at the "folks" that are wanted, it makes you wonder.