PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France pilots make headline news
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 11:33
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Me myself" you make it too personnal against "french frogs"
Well, sorry if I come across that way but I do get annoyed by " let us do things our way, not my fault if my command of english is poor ...........etc " that's all. Although, the command of english has never been the cause of a hull loss with Air France.
Obviously, as much as you like to do things your way...............it ain't working............or is it ?
You know, I really do not care where things come from............as long as they work.
You ( generic of course, don't fret ) resent having your faults pointed to you ?? Smell the coffee, nobody does !! But one listens anyway as you might learn a thing or 2.
I've had a yellow card handed to me in the sim a short while back and I didn't like it one bit. Thing is.............the guy was right............and I was wrong. You can't beat that, can you ? You just make the best of it, take the time to swallow your pride and move on.
If memory serves, I think one calls that ..........er..........humility. You guys understand humiliation.

While we're at it, you know as well as I do that there has been some cases, before 447, where things that happened were not dealt with by management. It was, with everybody's consent ( management & unions ) swiftly swept under the carpet and everybody kept on living forever after.
Well, keep on doing this and bad things happen, and I'm not thinking about 447.
This is the very and only issue. having this letter made public could have the street pundit think AF daily life is a freak show. Not the case. A lot of incidents have happened due to mechanical failures, sometimes over the ocean, or Siberia and were very professionally handled by the crews.
AF, in order to buy peace, has never been able to get rid of the bad apples and in a way, this letter is a deliberate mud sling into the union's face. This is what is at stake here.
Look, if I think about all the times I ended up having to write an Air safety Report, each time I had only myself to blame, not that I conciously disregarded SOP's, but still, it was my fault. Admitting it hasn't killed me so far and I can still walk my street with my chin up.

You can pick up any nationality for your audit, as I was saying above, the ventilator will still cover you (and management ) with a generous and equal measure of you know what for the above reasons.

Fouga is absolutly right, there is a lot more than meets the eye and there is a mamothal portion of sleezy politics in this affair............on both parts.
As always, it is the poor bystander who will be hit.
I suggest we just sit on the side and watch while the dogs get at each other's throats.
If anything, now it has been made public, this letter has only added more pressure on AF pilot's shoulders. Better not stuff up now.

Last edited by Me Myself; 25th Oct 2009 at 16:15.