PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France pilots make headline news
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 09:48
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
you just have to use the brains god gave you
God didn't give me any brains, mine are a result of tens of thousands of years of natural selection where most advantages were obtained at a maximum of 10 miles an hour and with my ancestral feet planted firmly on the ground. That is why I am not very good at coping with complex environments moving at 400MPH and often have incomplete Situational Awareness while flying.

Its that simple and there is no argument to this.
Simple is a word that springs to mind alright.

So consider yourselves to be very lucky when English appears to be the common language.
What if some of us don't beleive in 'luck'? what if we beleive in a chain of action and consequence? Shall we sit down and consider the chain of actions that lead to this consequence? I don't have time for that at the moment.
The common language (English) is to be used ONLY when it is considered that other traffic need to know what is going on.
This pre-supposes that all operational aviation personel (PPL's, fighter pilots, wide-body pilots, follow-me car drivers, 200hr 737 f/o's) have perfect SA and know exactly what is going on within their sphere of operations.....if thats the case we don't need to transmit at all.
Regards,
Framer