Thread: Crop Spraying
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 09:18
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ag work with Spoonair Ag Services

G'day Lloyd,

How super to hear from one of the old 1978 Spoonair Ag team. Really wonderful thing this Pprune site. I posted a while back on the wild 'apres-spray' evening at the Sutton Bridge hotel. Where you there? You'd surely recall the ex-Windmill lady doing her t..' thing on the dining table!

I've not yet heard from Dave Cook but was privately told that New Zealander Derek Alexander was lost on a spraying job. He was a tall 5000 hour man and a top ag man. God bless and RIP Derek.

Thanks too for the post Lloyd ... do you have any pics of the mid 1970s spraying ops at Shoreham. You will of course know of (something) Manning who managed the operation so very well. And of course the Chief Ag pilot ... again something (Bryan ?) Izzard. A real life Bishop and a wonderful guy who quietly talked so much sense but never let his religeous beliefs invade others privacy.

I have a video of my Nitram spreading on Brian Harris' 1000 acres after his tractor had churned up football sized chunks of mud one wet spring just north of Shoreham Airport. 'Twas following the hot summer of 1976 when every square yard of cereal must have been invaded by the Aphids. The lady-birds certainly had a good year and the resultant plague of insects was to be seen lying an inch deep in the gutters in their thousands on the streets of nearby Brighton.

Enjoy the retirement as I'm half doing!

Dennis Kenyon.