PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 25th Oct 2009, 08:15
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'eocvictim' Happy to explain where I can. I don't make the decisions but I can see why (mostly) it's the only way we do things, good or bad:-)

Now now CL x-ray lets not get 'two' headed over that statement I love "maps" of tassie, what pilot doesn't?
Support is everything when it comes to A/C in our role. I don't see Hawkers or anyone else for that matter pushing the 'Pig' barrow too far, would be nice to drive one though, then I can say 'Pigs do fly'

"S8" few if any around our base know of such things but we pilots are like mushrooms mostly It's a good job we have a dedicated bunch of wally's down here (well one wally anyway) as the joint would fall apart if it wasn't for the men on the ground, especially those tireless engineers

The working group now await PelAir to step up to the plate & make this work, after all we are dealing with peoples lively hoods here not just some contract on paper!

Still it's the best GA job around because it has purpose beyond 'cattle' transporting, if the money was similar to the big fat shinny jet jobs I doubt there would be anyone left to fly them!

Wmk2