PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France pilots make headline news
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 07:35
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AF needs the extern audit, french pilots are asking for it !!
And my friend...............you will not like the taste of the medicine they prescribe. From what I understand, it's nobody's fault. What do you think an audit is going to pull out of its hat ??? A praise for the pilots and marching papers for management??? The very one who is appointing the audit ??? Yes Santa Claus is still coming on the 25th.
As to the change of Pitot probe..........tosh ! The decision, however tardy, was made end of April and the job to last several weeks until..........!
447 crew must be turning in their grave hearing the mamothal amount of unsubstanciated manure that is coming out from self proclaimed experts.
If a sub and an oceanographic search vessel cannot find a clue, you'll have to explain how people sitting on their toush in Paris can come up with all these very interesting explainations. it's beyhond me.

The reason french speak such an appalling english is they do not give a hoot. You can blame the system, which I agree is total crap, the fact remains that the french, as a people are not in the least interested in speaking anything else but french.
I'd say young people are probably the worst. Listen to 17/18 years old speak english and compare with let's say young swedes who are fluent at 12. Pathetic. The only way to learn is...............to speak, you know, try, make mistakes, eventually looking a bit gooffy from time to time........but such an unfrench thing to do.

Years ago, an attempt was made to implement english as the official language at CDG. French ATC controlers and french pilots speaking english to one another. It was very scary and dangerous and was swiftly ditched. We all feel safer for it now.

The document starting all this commotion was " for AF pilots only ". I'd like to know how it landed in the media. I'm sure some well meaning soul who thought it would do the compagny a lot of good. Well, it's out now and who is looking like a fool ?? It kind of backfired, don't you think ??

Last edited by Me Myself; 25th Oct 2009 at 07:52.