PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots allowed to carry guns.
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2001, 18:51
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still dont think Tripower and Flyinguy will need a firearm as if someone manages to get in flightdeck by taking a specially constucted steel door out then the methods they use are either going to:

a) Take the crew out with it anyway!
b) Knock them so senseless from the blast that Uncle Binnys men are going to have no problem overpowering them anyway.

As was said earlier, FLY THE PLANE and dont try and turn yourself into some sort of aviation Rambo - leave it to the professionls! And yes I know some of you pilots are ex-military but a lot are not, they have come through the usual degree/flight school route. Also you aren't military now, you are a civvy - if you want to play with guns in confined spaces join up again.

I thought Chucks article was very well written as well, the website and the associated Anti-WHISC sites make interesting reading, as do the couple of manuals they have declassified. As he said, just because you have a pop at the USs policies DOES NOT make you anti-American, Christ if that was the case we could assume that Bush is anti-rest-of-the-world which such atitudes as he has had to the Kyoto Agreement!!!!

Julian.