PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2009, 15:42
PPRuNeUser0165

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSTR

Ok so this is where I am...
I am very proudly about to start a SSTR with Ryanair and to be honest I can't be happier. Am I lending money off my mum and dad..... Yes! Am I lending 30K...... No!
Is it embarrassing..... No! For the last 7 months since leaving my flight school I have been working. And not just your standard bar job, I have been working over 60 hours a week to afford to be able to progress in a career that I have wanted to do since I was young.
Is the SSTR a risk, bloody hell yes. A calculated risk all the same. If I didn't do this then I would be another person resitting my IR in March and then again the following March waiting for the market to pick up. I am not going to sit around whilst a decent job passes me by.
I do not know how much money I will be lending, but at the moment it wont be any more than 10K. That, I could lend from my bank, I have talked to them about it, but I will be stung on the intrest. Something that I believe I will be paying enough of over the next many years of my life. And something you will all probably agree is needed, but honestly could do with out. My parents have offered me the money on a LOAN basis, i am paying them back with intrest but half of that with the bank! Win Win in my eyes, I get my money, parents make money! Bonus!
I am sorry that I may upset people for what I am doing, however I have worked hard to get what I now have, just as many people have worked hard to get where they are, why don't I deserve the same.
People need to face that aviation industry is changing!! For the better? Who knows? But all I know is that I am in the middle of it. You have to grab the bull by the horns in change and hang on for the ride. Lets hope its a smooth one!
Take care
Safe Flying everyone.