PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emigrating to Canada
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2009, 15:34
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrier

You are not alone.
I quite agree with your comments.

Reading the follow up remarks to your 'informed' comments is proof of just how "lost in space" others in this land truly are.

We don't live in a democratic country any more. For many Canadians, voting once every four years is democracy. It's the 'what goes on in between' we are left with and from my perspective, there isn't much we can do about that either. Otherwise, some of our politicians would have been run out of Ottawa years ago. Democracy in action would have done that.
I don't like paying my 'fair share' of taxes because I don't get what I pay for, and what comes out of my annual income is the average salary of an average Canadian. When I moved back home from overseas, it took three years to finally have a family physician. When I had to go to the Regional outpatients recently, I had a three hour wait to see a Doctor. Health care? It sucks. Best case? It still sucks.

Generally, those who haven't been anywhere or experienced life in other countries DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Yet, they are posting their "I disagree" responses to your remarks.

Immigrants living in this country, especially those who have come from certain other countries can only experience a better life in Canada. As much as their appreciation of this country is admirable, the reality is, this country could be much better than it is. Unfortunately, our version of democracy, doesn't let that 'improvement' happen.

Nuff said?