PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 24th Oct 2009, 01:22
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Ned sez:
So yes I would say he is a CV22 driver.
Oh, I don't doubt that about *him*, Ned, as you've already vouched for him specifically. The point I was making was about internet anonymity, and how anyone can *claim* to be anything. I was just using mcpave as an easy example.

But you have to admit, look at his current profile, then look at some of his pompous claims from back in 2002 and 2003 and tell me why you'd give any of them the credibility he demands? Same with that usmc_helo guy. Absolutely blank profiles, but YOU VILL LISSSTEN TO MEEEE! Uh-huh. Right you are, General.

It's just silly internet stuff that some take way too seriously.

The V-22 will continue to be a controversial aircraft. But I think that once everyone gets past the "gee-whiz" aspect of it, we'll start to evaluate it more objectively.

In testimony to Congress, Lt. General George Trautman said this about the V-22 swashplate actuator.
Failed at 149 hours actual, versus 195 predicted.
How's that again? The swashplate acuator was only predicted to last 195 hours?? And it didn't?! I think we need to find out just what this swashplate actuator is, and how much it costs? And why it's not even making it to TBO? Is it replaceable in the field?