PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 15:36
hawkprince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok guys, lets start with one question.
i'm hearing alot of different opinions here. some people say you will work 50 hrs a month and others say you don't get any offdays in riyadh because you fly all the time. is it physically possible that both are correct?

one thing about saudi arabia, for those who never came here. this place is really what you make it. lets be honest for a moment. if you come to saudi arabia with the impression that you'll be attending parties with loads of booze, nice women and all the compliments. working only 20hrs a month and earning a fortune. forget it!!! you'll be just waisting your time.

if you come here with an open mind and accept that their way of doing things is different, you'll soon realise that saudi is not that bad. beleive me, their are alot of worse places you can go to around the globe. there's a lot of good restaurants, malls etc etc to go to. plus you're basicly only a flight away from some interesting places like beirut, cairo, bahrain and the rest where you can go and party your ars......... off if need be. (i'm rapidly becoming an expert on this one)

from what i am seeing about nas as an airline. it is still disorganised as ever. however (for good or worse) they are really trying hard to actually improve the things around here, although in the kingdom things move rather slowly. compound accomodation for one, was already a big step forward in my opinion.

unfortunately there were episodes here, were people tried to pass for captains/training captains/sim instructers etc etc, with thousands of hours experience and the lot, and personally i don't blame them if the company is cautious nowadays about the hiring program. actually i'm glad i won't have to fly with some unprofessional conmen who pretends to know everything and haven't got a clue of what is actually going on, thus basicly playing with my life and a hundred others on the back.

regarding the latest interviews i'm sorry but i have no idea what happened apart from the posts in here. i'm sorry for you guys who feel you've been treated badly.

thats my 2 pence of knowledge!!!