PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBird
Thread: JetBird
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 14:01
Spéir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious about typical experience levels of applicants

Beertender, Punk666, Loopyowl, Speedbrakes &Co,

Do you mind me asking roughly what your experience levels are?

The minimum requirements specified for FO positions were 280 hours TT, which seems very low in the current market (I'm sure they could have specified minimum 1000TT and still had plenty applications), so I'm curious as to what the average experience levels of current applicants might be. As in whether they're mostly low hours recently qualified, or mostly people into four figures TT currently working as commercial pilots but looking for a step up.

I am somewhere in between with about 600 hours TT mostly single engine, and currently part time instructing and part time non-flying job to fund it, and am also waiting for the phone interview in oct / nov.

I don't think that any particular number or hours will rule anybody in or out, as I heard that in the initial recruitment they took on people from all sorts of different backgrounds, but I think it would be interesting to know what the typical is. I wonder too how many applicants have the 100 hours ME jet time, and if this will be a big advantage?

Punk666, you mentioned B737 experience. Are you still flying? Surely you wouldn't leave a 737 job to work for a new start up company, although of course no company is safe at the moment!

Good luck to all in the Jetbird phone book!

S