PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 12:59
pilotho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i fully understand that it seems that as long as you have money then you could enter the industry and that will be it. however i am sure they all had to pass the IRT just like everyone else so i am sure that the standard is still there.

the thing that i don't like is that there seem to be a generalisation that if the pilot is young then he or she is automatically assumed to be irresponsible and had it all given to them. the point i am trying to make is that either though he or she might be young, they had to carry out the same tests and reach the same standard. granted there are plenty of pilots with much more experience and are restricted from a job because of financial reasons but people are not going to stop themselves from paying for a TR through moral reasons. going back to the lewis hamilton analogy, if his father wasn't able to come up with the funds to support him in karting, then how would he have been spotted by mclaren? i dont think he would have turned around to his dad and say that because someone else can't afford it then he would restrict his own future by only going into karting if he had earned his own money. how old would he be once he has finally earned the money? would he still be able to be a world champion if he did that?

i fully appreciate that people paying for TRs are posing a restriction for people without the advantage of affluent parents but you will never stop them all. a bit like recycling, you might do it but would that save the world? forgive me for using analogies at every opportunity.

ultimately, i seriously would be against people without the correct aptitude and skill to be in the RHS simply through money.