PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 09:44
chickenstrips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROSSKi MYT

Where did you get this information from? How trust worthy is it?

I’ve just checked the programmed time table for S10, and GSM are doing in the main two early flights and two afternoon flights all on the -700’s from EDI. And the same applies for mostly applies at GLA, although it looks like 5 daily destinations. As for ABZ, one early and one late all in the -800.

I just can’t see where there is a need for another 2 -800’s!

gd44

The quick resume above for S10 shows no expansion, maybe at a push a further wet lease for GLA one day per week, but other than that S10 will look the same as W09 with the odd new route on the 76.

Whilst the routes were full over the summer period, it’s rumoured the yield was terrible. This is one of the main reasons for one of the -800’s going to ABZ, which in itself is another nee-jerk reaction that will cost money in the long run.

A quick look at today’s loads is not a pretty sight. Across EDI, GLA and ABZ each flight has between 30 and 60 spare seats. Today we are operating to 12 destinations….

Remember, the Scottish punter will not go without their holidays and will always look for the absolute best deal around. With Ryanair and Jet2 expanding at EDI and probably GLA too – GSM really need to pull their socks up and get on with being a true player in the central belt.

ACMI work is almost non-existent. The 73 has the Red Sea contract confirmed for six months, but that’s all! The 76 has the MOD work for one airframe, a Scanways contract from Copenhagen for another and the Hajj, which is obviously short term.

Maybe I am being pessimistic, but the outlook does suggest so!