PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 01:14
mckpave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh FH1100 you've tried once again to discredit me but failed. Here is exactly what the CURRENT flight manual states on page 5-11. BTW, it's dated Oct 2008, so you should either check your sources or make correct statements.

"ACM and aerobatics are prohibited" Do you see "DCM" or "EVM" anywhere in that sentence?? And, just so you and everyone else understands, ACM stands for Air Combat Maneuvers which specifically pertains to air-to-air combat maneuvers. Also, aerobatics refers to bank angles greater than 60 degrees. Yes, we cannot do either one of these.....yet, for two reasons. 1. Testing has not been accomplished on air-to-air maneuvers and 2. 60 degrees of bank is a standard restricition to non-fighter aircraft in the USAF, I've lived with that restriction on every aircraft I've flown.

"Abrupt large amplitude control inputs are prohibited". Do you see "multi-axis" in that sentence?? I'll give you credit at least you got some of it correct so I'm not sure why you added the "multi-axis" bit in your argument. And once again, don't know about your background, but it's been a standard procedure not to abruptly move the controls over their range of motion in every aircraft I've flown. That's pretty much basic flying knowledge. What's "abrupt" or "large"? Well, that's the question, and why this statement is so vague because it's included more as a CYA issue than a flying qualities issue. I'm sure others on this thread will be happy to back me up on these two points.

So FH1100, why don't you post the date of your flight manual source because it will either a) prove what I've been saying all along that most of your arguments and those like you come from outdated or blantantly incorrect material or b) you've decided to add a little "literary license" to your comments which we all know now is incorrect as well. Which one is it 'ole boy?

Finally, since you've now twice alluded to my imminent doom as a V-22 pilot, I will warn you that I consider those statements as threats, and will act accordingly. But, what I'm most impressed with is your intimate knowledge of helicopter combat tactics. So, once and for all, why don't you share to the wonderful people on this board how you became such a diety on the subject?? I can only assume it's from your military aviation background right? Please enlighten us.

There, that post has both some REAL V-22 data and some ball-breaking, entertainment for all those involved.