PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best twin for training?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 00:59
Ezz35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque, there has been a lot very good insight into this, to which I am very appreciative. Perhaps I hadnt looked into this as much as I thought, but I was under the impression you would need an IR on either a single or twin to get an Instructor rating? I was looking at doing that also as I would make finding employment easier near a major center, which is something I have to consider with my partner finishing a Law degree before I finish this.

I have noticed that some schools around state that you can get your CPL GST free if you do the basic syllabus, but didnt mention that it was the same if you did something more advanced (CIR-FIR). I didnt realise you could write off the further training afterwards, I guess under further educatoin expenses (or what ever its called). Has anyone done this recently and could share how much tax they saved on the MECIR? Using Johnston Aviations $14,000 as a guide. Maybe I should join a Tax forum to get these answers......

But, as a scenario, wouldnt a operator with singles and twins be more likely to hire someone, (even with low hours) if they had the MECIR over a guy with the same hours without it? Ofcourse, but there are just to many maybes and what ifs out there. Just getting my head around a new way of thinking after makeing what I thought was an informed decision.

Thanks everyone for your input, goes to prove there is a wealth of knowledge on here!!!