PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 23:13
gd44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chickenstrips,

Although you actually work for the company and what I say is purley speculation, I think you are being a tad pesimistic.

The reduction in routes over the winter period and smaller fleet size is just good buisness over what is normally a very harsh time for Aviation, even more so this year though because of all the recent events involving the economy.

Lets face it salary cuts and redundancies (especially when you reduce your fleet) were inevatable. In regards to the reduction in fleet size, it just insn't possible to operate that schedual with 5 aircraft (6 if one of the 76's lends itself to short haul next year), I stand to be corrected if anyone can prove otherwise. So they must be bringing in at least 2 replacements.

The routes that are operating as we speak are operating at near full, with the exception of the SFB flights.

Its been said often enough that this country is going to feel the effects of the downturn more so next year and it would appear GSM are creating a schedual to coincide with that theory.

Some may think why am I so intrested in the future success of this company...well thats my buisness, but I just hope what you're saying is just as I said, pesimistic.